UNOX Warranty Conditions - AU
End users (“End Users
”) who have purchased an appliance (the “Product
”) from an authorized dealer of UNOX Australia PTY LTD (“UNOX
”) may be entitled to a manufacturer’s warranty (the “Limited Warranty
”). In order to benefit from such a warranty, End User must register the Product on UNOX’s website (www.unox.com
) within thirty (30) days from the date of End User’s dealer invoice or from the installation date of the Product at the End User’s location, provided that such installation date can be sufficiently proofed (as determined by UNOX in its sole discretion).
1. Warranty Term
a) The warranty period for the Limited Warranty (the “Warranty Term
”) is, with respect to labor, Product or Parts thereof (such parts being hereinafter referred to as “Spare Parts
”), 12 months from the earlier of (i) the date of End User’s dealer invoice and (ii) the date of installation of the Product at the End User’s location (the “Warranty Start Date
”) provided, however, that, upon failure from End-User to provide to UNOX, upon request, supporting and satisfying evidence of such End User’s Dealer invoice date or installation date, as shall be determined by UNOX in its sole discretion, then the Warranty Start Date may, at UNOX's sole discretion, be the date of UNOX's invoice to its own dealer.
b) For CHEFTOP and BAKERTOP MIND.Maps™ ovens and BAKERLUX SHOP.Pro™ ovens only, and only if End User has purchased or otherwise has been provided with a LONG.LIFE4 extended warranty (the “Extended Warranty
”), then the Warranty Term is, with respect to labor, the earlier of (i) 24 months from the Warranty Start Date and (ii) ten thousand (10,000) hours of working and/or stand-by time of such Product, as determined by the Product’s internal clock, and with respect to the Product and/or Spare Parts, the earlier of (i) 48 months from the Warranty Start Date, and (ii) ten thousand (10,000) hours of working and/or stand-by time of such Product, as determined by the Product’s internal clock. The foregoing Extended Warranty is available to End User if and only if the applicable Product is connected to the internet via Ethernet cable, WIFI or 3G/4G within thirty (30) from the date of End User’s dealer invoice or from the installation date, provided that such installation date can be sufficiently proofed (as determined by UNOX in its sole discretion), and remains accessible for remote login and maintenance by the UNOX service team at all times.
2. If End User decides not to buy, or is not provided with the Extended Warranty, in order to make a claim under the Limited Warranty, End User will need to furnish UNOX a copy of End User’s dealer invoice and sufficient proof (as determined by UNOX in its sole discretion) of the installation date and the type of Product in the form of a written confirmation or an invoice for installation issued by an authorised service agent of UNOX (“Service Agent
3. a) For Products subject to the Limited Warranty, during the applicable Warranty Term, and if and only if (i) such Product is unaltered and unmodified by End User or any third party and is properly used as set forth in UNOX’s specifications and instructions of use and (ii) none of the exclusions in paragraph 8 of these warranty conditions apply, End User’s sole remedy under the Limited Warranty shall be, for a period of twelve (12) months after the Warranty Start Date, at UNOX’s sole cost and expense and in UNOX’s sole discretion, (i) repair, or (ii) return and replacement (including, in each of the foregoing cases (i) and (ii), any cost of UNOX’s or its Service Agent’s work associated therewith), of the Product (including any Spare Parts).
b) For Products subject to the Extended Warranty, during the applicable Warranty Term, and if and only if (i) such Product is unaltered and unmodified by End User or any third party and is properly used as set forth in UNOX’s specifications and instructions of use and (ii) none of the exclusions in paragraph 8 of these warranty conditions apply, End User’s sole remedy under the Extended Warranty shall be (i) for the 12 month period after initial 12 months following Warranty Start Date, at UNOX’s sole cost and expense and in UNOX’s sole discretion, (i) repair, or (ii) return and replacement (including, in each of the foregoing cases (i) and (ii), any cost of UNOX’s or its Service Agent’s work associated therewith), of the Product (including any Spare Parts), and (ii) for a period which shall be the shorter of (A) thirty-six (36) months after the initial twelve (12) months following the Warranty Start Date, and (B) ten thousand (10,000) hours of working and/or stand-by time of such Product has been reached, if earlier, as determined by the Product’s internal clock, at UNOX’s sole cost and expense, replacement of the Product and/or Spare Parts only.
The warranty services set forth above shall be referred to herein as “Warranty Services”, as applicable. Except as provided above, and to the full extent permitted by law, the Products are provided “as is”.
4. The performance of Warranty Services
shall in no event trigger an extension of a Warranty Term, nor shall it trigger a new Warranty Term.
5. Replaced parts shall pass into the ownership of UNOX.
6. UNOX does not assume any transport costs or risks.
7. In order to be eligible for the Warranty Services during the applicable Warranty Term, End User must notify UNOX in writing of any damage or defects within 14 days after such damage or defects were or should have been discovered by sending a notification to the UNOX service support, as provided on the UNOX website, www.unox.com
8. Please be aware that neither the Limited Warranty nor the Extended Warranty shall apply in any of the following instances, without limitation, as determined in UNOX’s sole discretion:
- Damage resulting from defective installation or unprofessional or improper attempts at repair, work performed by unauthorized third parties, improper use, injudicious operation or any and all other actions not in compliance with the instruction manual for the Product;
- Non-compliance, by End User or any third party, with the UNOX installation check list, the installation manual, or the prescribed maintenance and inspection cycles;
- If cleaning agents or preservative agents other than those expressly approved by UNOX have been used;
- Defects or damage in connection with unauthorized uses of the Product, such as the use of soiled, aggressive water, sub-standard gas or electricity with unsuitable voltage or current;
- Damage caused by surges;
- Normal wear and tear to items such as lamps, gaskets, seals, probes, door handles, ancillary and consumable parts etc. , as well as damage to glassware and other ancillary parts;
- The use of water not meeting requirements set forth by UNOX in the installation manual and spec sheet (for the avoidance of doubt, in addition, but without limitation, to the foregoing, it is the sole responsibility of the End User to verify that the incoming water supply is comprehensively tested and, if required, to provide a means of water treatment that would meet the minimum water quality standards required by UNOX, as outlined on the Product specification sheet. Non-compliance with these minimum standards will potentially damage Products and/or Spare Parts, which, at UNOX’s sole discretion, may nullify and void the original Limited Warranty or Extended Warranty, as applicable);
- Damage or malfunctions caused by the build-up of limescale or rust in the Product;
- Normal and fair wear and tear of the Product; or
- Cases in which replacement or parts other than original UNOX parts are used, regardless of whether the damage or defects result therefrom.
9. The Limited Warranty and the Extended Warranty may only be asserted for Products located and used in the Australia.
10. An obligation to render Warranty Services shall only exist if the Product is in compliance with the applicable technical requirements in the country in which the Product is operated.
11. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure. The benefits provided to End Users under these Warranty Conditions are in addition to, and do not detract from, the rights and remedies that End Users may have under Australian laws in relation to the Products and Warranty Services.
UNOX Australia is located at Unit 7 100 New Street, Ringwood VIC 3134, and you may contact us by phone on (03) 9876 0803 or by email to info@UNOXaustralia.com.au.